Students new to the District must present the following: Kindergarten
- Evidence of the student’s date of birth: an original or state-certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or a certified hospital issued birth record a passport; an adoption record; a religious record signed by an authorized religious official; an official school transcript; or if none of the other documents can be provided, an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, guardian, grandparent, or other person, accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a practicing physician, which certificate states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
- Social Security Card, or waiver pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 20-2-150(d);
- Certificate of Nutritional Screening and Eye, Ear, and Dental Examination (GA form 3300 – GA-DHR) O.C.G.A. § 20-2-770;
- Certificate of Immunization (GA form 3231 – GA-DHR), waiver, or affidavit of religious conflict; however, immunization may be required in cases when a disease is in epidemic stages pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 20-2-771;
- Photo ID of the parent or guardian enrolling the child;
- Proof of Residence documents; and
- Proof of custody or guardianship if not the birth parent. In the case of agent grandparents, as per O.C.G.A. § 19-9-120 et seq., a copy of the Power of Attorney document that is in the substantially same form as provided in O.C.G.A. § 19-9-129(b)-(c), and proof of the parent’s stated hardship.
Students moving from one DCSD attendance area to another DCSD attendance area must present the following:
Proof of Residence documents (see below);
Photo ID of parent or guardian enrolling the student; and
Proof of custody or guardianship if not the birth parent. In the case of agent grandparents, as per O.C.G.A. § 19-9-120 et seq., a copy of the Power of Attorney document that is in the substantially same form as provided in O.C.G.A. § 19-9-129(b)-(c), and proof of the parent’s stated hardship.
Proof of Residency documents must include one of the following:
Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water only – no phone bills);
Signed lease of residence; or
Signed home mortgage contract.
Contact the Office of Student Assignment if a dispute arises over Proof of Residency
What are the requirements to verify proof of residence for co-residents?
In the event of co-residency, an Affidavit of Residence .pdf link icon Affidavit of Residence Affidavit of Residence
must be completed by the parents(s)/legal guardian(s) and homeowner/lessee and submitted to the school, with all required documents attached. The Affidavit of Residence must be submitted before the start of school or upon moving into the attendance area of the new school.
The parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and the owner/lessee must both be present to submit the Affidavit of Residence and submit the required documents to the school (no exceptions will be made).
The Affidavit of Residence must be updated annually by both the homeowner/leaseholder and the parent or guardian