Assignment for Creating a Pictionary
Title: Fronts, Severe Weather
Severe Weather Safety
1. Draw and color a cold front, tell what kind of weather it brings.
2. Draw and color a warm front, tell what kind of weather it brings.
3. Draw and color an occluded front, tell what kind of weather it brings.
4. Draw and color a stationary front, tell what kind of weather it brings.
5. Draw a thunderstorm, describe how lightning and thunder are formed.
6. Draw a tornado, describe what it is, where it is formed. _____% of tornadoes in the world occur in the ______. A tornado begins when__________________________. As long as the cloud hangs in the air it is just a ________.
7. Draw a hurricane. It is the most _______ _____ on Earth.
Wind speeds have to be at least _________. In the Pacific Ocean, they are called______________. In the Indian Ocean, they are called _____________. A hurricane forms where? _________feeds a hurricane. The greatest damage a hurricane inflicts comes from the _____ ______. Massive ________ causes tremendous property.
Severe Weather Safety Procedures on Page 501-502
(Tell how to stay safe in these storms)
1. Thunderstorm Safety
2. Tornado Safety
3. Flood Safety
4. Hurricane Safety